Wednesday, January 24, 2018

"The End of the Storm"

Hey, guys!
So, I'm going to start something new. I take a class called Creative Writing this semester and right now we are writing poems. I'm more of a short story person but I've found that poems are no more difficult. So, I'm going to start posting the poems that I write, starting with the first one I've written this year. Keep in mind, I am new at writing poems so they won't be spectacular. Anyway, here is my first poem.

"The End of the Storm"

There is a storm over an endless sea
And I am the boat trapped on its waves.
In the beginning it is unexpected.
But then come the signs.

The wind turns into a whistle.
It has been following its original path.
Guiding me.
Carrying me to my destination.
But then it changes.

It picks up speed and begins to rip at my sail.
It is now a howl.
Then the waves come.
They begin to tower above me
Tall as skyscrapers.

They come pounding, mercilessly, at me
Threatening to break it into a thousand shards.
The water pierces my skin in tiny droplets
And it soaks me straight into my soul.

The thunder turns me deaf to all reasoning
And the lightning blinds me from reality.
I am tossed around.
The storm is threatening to throw me
Into the deepest and darkest depths
Of the Abyss.
There seems to be no end.

But, at last, after what feels like an eternity,
I can see light.
Through the thick mists and haze
I can see the end.

The end of this storm that is leading to my destruction.
The end of this storm that is taking completely control over me.
The end of this storm that is threatening to shatter my soul
Into thousands of irreparable shards.
 The end of this storm that is my mind.

I must regain control if I am to survive my storm.
And when I do...
Peace will be waiting for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment