Saturday, February 17, 2018

"Ode to the Marching Field"

Hey, guys! This introduction shall be short but sweet. So, as I have probably mentioned before, I am in Creative Writing as of this school semester. We have been writing poems so far, as I mentioned in my last post. Well, we have a chance to share our poems the day they are due and I have a very good friend who is also a very great poet. She has kindly agreed to let me post her poems on my blog. So, here is her first poem on this site.

"Ode to the Marching Field"
Lauren Hodsden

The long, white lines give me a
Sense of comfort, but also give me anxiety.

To jazz run from the 45 on Side A to the
30 on Side B in 12 counts is near impossible.

And when the grass is wet, it is as if I am
Running across a Slip 'N' Slide and the director will say,
"One more time", 5x.

There are often holes in the ground that cause me
To fall and twist my ankles.

Nevertheless, the grass is comforting and
Makes thankful that we aren't in the parking lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment