Thursday, June 7, 2018

"The Winter Was All I Knew"

Hey, guys. So, this poem is another one I wrote in my Creative Writing class this past school year. I wrote this one on January 19th.

"The Winter Was All I Knew"

Cold.
Emotionless.
Alone.
Trapped.
Freezing.
Dying.

Every year, the winter reminds me of the worst parts of my life.
The cold surrounded me, dragging me away from society.
The frost crept its way through my body,
clutching my heart and tightening its grip with every following day.
The snow built up, blocking any means of escape I had.

I was trapped.
The winter, isolating me.
I was alone.
The ice broke under my feet, dragging me deeper
And deeper


And deeper



And deeper




Into oblivion.

I was slowly dying.
Freezing to death in the winter of my soul.
The winter is all I've known.
Every year, the winter reminds me of the worst parts of my life.
But every winter must come to an end.

There is new life to be born.
Now I can see the world slowly coming to life once again.
Now I can see the rays of sun through the gray haze that had been my world for as long as I've known.

And now it is time for my life to be born, once more.
For my heart to thaw, just as the world does, year after year, fighting for survival.
The winter was all I knew...
And now it is time for my winter to end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment